Lobometrics is glad to introduce the new ZasBox devices, a product specially designed to combine with Ubiquiti or Lobo Radios letting users build low cost links from 400Mbps to 1Gbps. ZasBox not only bring high performance and Gigabit Ethernet conectivity with PoE injection to Ubiquiti devices. it also adds them a galore of professional network services.
Hot pluggable / Hot Swappable external radios mean more advantages than what a short look may suggest. With Hot Swappable/Plugable radios your network can be continually updated to the lastest technologies at a ultra-low cost because only the radio module has to be changed and all can be done without interrupting the network. In case of malfunction, the radios can be changed in seconds with no need to send the whole device to tech service. Only a few seconds of downtime. No unmounting and transport costs.
The posibility of using third party low cost radio transmitters will enable users to get most networking functions of Lobo high end systems with a noticeably lower price and to append functionalities as the needs grow.
Networks are not static, needs and topology change and versatility is key. With ZasBox dynamic conception it is a matter of minutes to add radios, change topologies, move antennas or increase throughput. All the tools are in your hands to achieve almost any idea. Need to add bandwidth to sector B?, just add a nuew radio and bond it to the one currently servicing sector B. Need to give service to a new sector? Plug a new radio and point tha antenna to the new sector. Need to give HotSpot services to a current area? Just activate it on your ZasBox. Unique.
Tha ZasBox is a unique and extraordianry device, it is a poliedric solution that in a singe device solves most outdoor or public network needs. The ZasBox is several devices in one. The ZasBos has been designed to simplify and empower those deployments where more than one device is installed, for example, a multiradio wireless acess point or a multicamera video surveillance spot. The ZasBox will control up to 4 devices, as a PoE injector it will feed them with DC power and as an advanced network concentrator and overlay it will add will enable in them more than 300 networking functions giving true last generation advanced features to almost any device. In to words, simplification and empowering of your network.
You can connect and mix in your ZasBox up to four cameras, of five access points or any Ethernet devices. If the devices have no PoE support, an adapter can be used that will feed the device with DC power through a jack connector.
If used in a Wireless access point deployment, the ZasBox offers some unique posibilities, like radio hot swaping/plugging and topology reconfigurations, all with no downtimes.
PoE "isles" can be linked together though Wireless, Ethernet LAN or Internet with its military grade VPN tunnels.
- ZasBox ports include PoE injector that feeds devices with power (up to 40Watts total on ZasBox 40)
- Any kind of standard Ethernet devices can be connected to a ZasBox as long as they support passive PoE (soon available non-pasive AF variant).
- When connecting a device, automatically more than 300 new features will be added to it, including VPN, VLAN, Firewall, Mangle, etc...
- ZasBox can be used to build a 4 radio WiFi/MIMO/WiMAX access point with bandwidth management, bonding, backup services, redundancy, user management, hotspot, etc... .
- If used for Wireless, hot plug low cost radios are available. Change topology and/or technology in minutes and with no downtime.
- When used for Wireless services, no downtime needed to service a radio problem. Ultra low cost replacement radios can be kept on stock and faulty radios can be send to be serviced instead of the whole system
- When used for VideoSurveillance, up to 4 cameras con be controlled and monitored with a single IP, even through Internet.
- Several ZasBox 'isles' can me linked through a auxiliary port that admits standard Ethernet or Wireless links.